Melinda Barta's Beadwork, Projects,
Books, DVDs and Kits
Thanks for stopping by! Here you'll find a multitude of my crafty creations - including my books, instructional DVDs, kits, and projects.
PREORDER Mastering Herringbone Stitch
- Mastering Herringbone Stitch: The Complete Guide by Melinda Barta (and Friends) - In this sequel to Mastering Peyote Stitch, Melinda teaches you absolutely everything you need to know about herringbone stitch. From taking your first stitch to adding embellishments and advanced shaping techniques, this book is suited for beaders of all levels. Each section opens with a thorough lesson in technique and is followed with can’t-miss designs by Melinda and seven of Beadwork’s Designers of the Year. These all-star contributors are Jean Campbell, Leslie Frazier, Lisa Kan, Carole Ohl, Jean Power, Kelly Wiese, and Jill Wiseman. The book features 168 pages and over 300 illustrations! Order the book here to receive a copy autographed by Melinda. Note this is a PREORDER—copies are estimated to ship in late January 2014.
Popular Kits and DVDs
- Antique Connections Cuff kit - Melinda uncovered a limited stock of these kits while cleaning her studio! Make one of her most popular designs using square and ladder stitches, high-quality Japanese seed beads, pearls, two needles, two spools of thread, brass components from Kabela Design, and snaps for a cleverly hidden closure. This kit also includes a copy of Beadwork magazine’s 41 Favorite Jewelry Designs special issue (a $14.99 value), which includes instructions for 40 MORE great projects from top designers including Laura McCabe, Maggie Meister, Marcia DeCoster, Jean Campbell, and others.
- Seeds and Stones Necklace Kits - Now you can make this stunning and inventive necklace design which was featured in Beadwork Magazine's Challenge Department
- Beading with Shaped Beads DVD - Join Melinda as she demonstrates the ins and outs of how to use the hottest new bead shapes on the market, including Twins, Superduos, Rullas, Rizos, CzechMates, Tilas, and more. Learn how to stitch up these uniquely shaped beads with peyote, herringbone, right-angle weave, and other stitches.
- Finishing Touches for Beadwork DVD - If you’re like Melinda, you’ll agree that a beadweaving project is never complete until you add a few embellishment stitches. Learn over 35 embellishment techniques, including picots, fringe, stitch-in-the-ditch, and much, much more in this easy-to-follow DVD format.
Recently Released Books
- Mastering Peyote Stitch by Melinda Barta (and Friends) - Order the book here to receive an autographed copy! Learn absolutely everything you need to know about peyote stitch in Melinda Barta’s 4th book, Mastering Peyote Stitch. Both beginners and pros will have a blast following along with the book’s 331 crisp and precise illustrations (yes, you read that right, 331) and 160 pages of beautiful photos and thorough instructions.
To keep up on my newest projects and
upcoming teaching schedule, be sure to sign up
for my newsletter and stay in touch on