Products by Melinda Barta
Including Books, Kits & DVDs
Beading and Jewelry Kits
- Antique Connections Cuff kit - Melinda uncovered a limited stock of these kits while cleaning her studio! Make one of her most popular designs using square and ladder stitches, high-quality Japanese seed beads, pearls, two needles, two spools of thread, brass components from Kabela Design, and snaps for a cleverly hidden closure. This kit also includes a copy of Beadwork magazine’s 41 Favorite Jewelry Designs special issue (a $14.99 value).
- Seeds and Stones Necklace Kits - Now you can make this stunning and inventive necklace design which was featured in Beadwork Magazine's challenge
- Pixilated Peyote Kits - Perfect for a beginner or experienced seed beader looking for a quick project
- Beading with Shaped Beads DVD - Join Melinda as she demonstrates the ins and outs of how to use the hottest new bead shapes on the market, including Twins, Superduos, Rullas, Rizos, CzechMates, Tilas, and more. Learn how to stitch up these uniquely shaped beads with peyote, herringbone, right-angle weave, and other stitches.
- Finishing Touches for Beadwork DVD - If you’re like Melinda, you’ll agree that a beadweaving project is never complete until you add a few embellishment stitches. Learn over 35 embellishment techniques, including picots, fringe, stitch-in-the-ditch, and much, much more in this easy-to-follow DVD format.
- How to Stitch Beaded Bezels
with Peyote Herringbone and More DVD - Take your jewelry to the next level with beautiful handmade beaded bezels. Join Melinda in 6 watch-and-learn lessons as she shows you step by step how to set cabochons, riviolis, buttons, and more.
- How to Stitch Custom Clasps:
Finish Beaded Designs with Creative Closures
DVD - Learn from Melinda in 10 watch-and-learn lessons as she shows you step by step how to finish your beaded jewelry with handmade toggles, rings, buttons and loops, snaps, and more.
- Beadwork: Peyote Stitch - Basics and Beyond - Melinda's most popular DVD! Join Melinda as she demonstrates peyote stitch techniques stitch-by-stitch and clearly explains thread paths using illustrations.
- Beadwork: Herringbone Stitch - Basics and Beyond - In this DVD, Melinda tells you everything you need to know about herringbone stitch. Perfect for beginners and advanced students alike.
- Custom Collage Charms - Enjoy the fun-and-easy process of creating charms with resin. Melinda guides you through three difference resins and everything you'll need to know about designing and preparing your charms.
- PREORDER Mastering Herringbone Stitch: The Complete Guide by Melinda Barta (and friends) -In this sequel to Mastering Peyote Stitch, Melinda teaches you absolutely everything you need to know about herringbone stitch. Each section is presented with a thorough lesson in technique and followed with can’t-miss designs by Melinda and seven of Beadwork’s Designers of the Year—Jean Campbell, Leslie Frazier, Lisa Kan, Carole Ohl, Jean Power, Kelly Wiese, and Jill Wiseman. Note this is a PREORDER—copies are estimated to ship in late January 2014.
- Mastering Peyote Stitch by Melinda Barta (and Friends) - Learn absolutely everything you need to know about peyote stitch in Melinda Barta’s 4th book, Mastering Peyote Stitch. Both beginners and pros will have a blast following along with the book’s 331 crisp and precise illustrations (yes, you read that right, 331) and 160 pages of beautiful photos and thorough instructions.
- Custom Cool Jewelry by Melinda Barta - From romantic wireworked dangles and simple polymer clay beads to fabric charms and resin collages, projects with an unconventional use of basic supplies provide a wealth of new possibilities for crafters.
- Mixed Metals by Melinda Barta and Danielle Fox - Utilizing stringing and wireworking techniques accessible to beginners, this mixed metal jewelry guide also offers over 30 boutique-style designs.
- Hip To Stitch by Melinda Barta - Featuring 38 stitch techniques and 20 hand-embroidered projects, you'll learn motifs to dress up a skirt, a guitar pick case, a picnic-themed baby bib, a butterfly picture frame, hand-embroidered pillows, stitched note cards, and more.
- Best of Custom Cool ebook - Featuring 10 of the most popular projects from Melinda's Beadwork magazine column, Custom Cool.
Use peyote, herringbone, right-angle weave, and other fun beadweaving techniques to create personalized charms, clasps, pendants, bead caps, and more.